Monday, August 8, 2011

Is it okay to be a single Christian parent?

I'm thinking of adopting a child, I'm not married, not planing to. I know that God had designed marriage for a reason but truth be told I don't believe in marriage. Simply because, I know in my heart that if I ever we're to get married by any chance, my marriage would somehow fail. It would be even worse if I had my own biological kids, they would be crushed by the fall of my marriage between my "wife". So I'm just processing this in my mind, what's wrong with being a single parent? I honestly don't think it would be such a big issue. I love kids to death, It's just that I don't really want to get married, even the thought of it scares me! It's been said that "like God's love for us, a parent's love is to be unconditional, selfless and sacrificial. This is an enormously difficult task that requires many years of faithfulness, not impossible for one person but much better accomplished by two." but then again there are many who went through a spouse's death, abandonment or simply choosing to be a single parent are raising children alone and the church can and should play a role in supporting them in a variety of ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment