Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Salicylic acid in acne treatment? Please help?

I bought a facial cleanser at my local drugstore because we went on vacation and I had forgotten to pack my facial products from my normal skin routine. The cleanser is from the brand L'oreal. It's called the 'Go 360 Clean Anti-Breakout Facial Cleanser Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment' I am a 15 year old girl with oily skin and some acne scars, but nothing too serious. After using the cleanser for two nights in a row, nothing had really changed, I felt like it actually helped my acne a lot, and I could definitely see a difference. Throughout the week though, my skin started getting drier each day, and skin soon began peeling around my nose mostly, and my T-zone and areas that were normally dry became extremely dry. I stopped using the cleanser and went back to my normal skin care routine, which is the Proactiv 3 step 30 day program. My skin stopped peeling since then, but today I noticed two dark, brown rough patches on my skin, both on the side of my face. They look like discoloration because they are darker than my skin, and they feel extremely rough and dry, even after using moisturizer. Does anybody know the cause for my skin becoming dry/peeling? What are the cause of my brown patches, and did the salicylic acid have anything to do with it? How can I get rid of these rough patches?

No comments:

Post a Comment